A premise-based VoIP solution is one in which a customer makes an equipment investment with the intent to have their IT department operate and manage the telephone system. It’s a VoIP phone system that is located and maintained at a physical location (office or otherwise). The service provider merely provides the phone service to all of the devices.
A hosted VoIP phone system is one that is housed and maintained by a third party service provider that delivers PBX services over an Internet connection. The only physical hardware that you are responsible for maintaining are your desktop VoIP phones. In a hosted solution, you hand off control and responsibility to the VoIP service provider, and they manage the VoIP application at their facilities.
With so many VoIP providers to choose from, it may not may be easy to select the one that fits your needs. To select the right solution for you, we will assess your calling habits, your location, your budget, and the knowledge of your technical staff to ensure that you make the right choice for your business.
Unless you are working in a large enterprise environment, have multi-site concerns, or need an advanced setup, a basic VoIP implementation will suit your needs. What makes VoIP unique is the ability to make unlimited calls within the U.S. and Canada without paying anything other than a flat rate per month.
Anatomy of a Basic VoIP Phone System
Each component plays a critical role in the functionality and benefits you will receive from your VoIP system.
- Your LAN is at the center of your deployment. It acts as the connector and transport mechanism for your entire system.
- Your VoIP PBX is the quarterback. It manages your VoIP phones, call control, and connection to voice services
- Your Internet connection is utilized by your VoIP service provider. It sends and receives your VoIP calls. Your VoIP PBX has a special PCI card that allows you to also be connected to the PSTN for local calls and failover.
- VoIP phones are all that most will ever see of the system. They are the end points that give your users access to voice services.
Hosted VoIP Delivers Scalable and Secure Business Communications
Getting started with your hosted VoIP service is easy, and TeleConsult Solutions is here to make sure your implementation is smooth. All it takes to get started is an Internet connection and a phone system that you purchase or lease, or in some cases, the IP phones are provided with no upfront costs at affordable price points. Set up is usually quick, taking only minutes instead of weeks.
VoIP Systems Are Feature Rich
With a comprehensive feature set and the reliability of carrier-class infrastructure and switching platforms, we give you a cloud-based PBX experience that allows you to focus on your business — not your communications platform.
- Ability to deliver services in over 8,000 calling areas
- Full compliant 911
- Unlimited local and outbound long distance
- End user and administrative portals for easy management
- Most services include SLAs
- Ability to port local and national numbers
- Carrier product training
- Higher quality of service
- Calls are routed off-site and prioritized, and won’t be affected by local power outages.
Advantages of Cloud PBX
There’s no complex hardware to install or maintain, and no technical expertise required to manage and use your phone system. Access your phone system from everywhere — all you need is an Internet connection.
The Choice Is Yours
TeleConsult Solutions has been providing SMBs with telecom and IT solutions since 2000. We understand that in today’s business environment, many companies lack the time or resources to dedicate to telecom implementation. We offer free consultations, a wide range of cost effective solutions, and one dedicated point of contact — all to help you find the best services possible for your unique business. We’re there for you each step of the way, from price quotes to post-implementation, and provide ongoing support for any product or service you select.